Friday, March 13, 2009

snow

Perhaps its just my perception but in New York and Pennsylvania, when it snows the weatherman keeps track of how many inches has fallen. We get excited when we learn that yet another inch has fallen during the hour. Its in the newspaper. "5 inches of snow has fallen in Allentown PA today!!"
"Wow can you believe it? says the weatherman, The last time 5 inches has fallen on this day was in 2006! Wow so long ago! I wonder how many inches of snow will fall this entire winter. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!"
Here in Bavaria it seems no one cares. Its snowing all day and I ask my boyfriend how much it snowed and he just shrugs his shoulders. He doesn't even care! I want to know! I don't know if its because my German is so bad that I cant find how many centimeters of snow has fallen in the newspaper or internet or that I don't have a t.v. but I feel like no one seems to care. Next time I'm getting out my measuring stick and sticking it in the snow. I'll find out myself!

No comments: