Thursday, March 26, 2009

Birthday

So today is my birthday. Its cold and raining but I'm inside my cozy studio painting and listening to my favorite program, New Sounds.Check out this episode, its with Guy Buttery. He's amazing! (http://www.wnyc.org/shows/newsounds/episodes/2009/01/24)

But today I have some pangs of guilt. In Germany it is customary on your birthday to bring in sweets to your workplace. You host your birthday party. But alas I did not bring in a cake or cookies to work like I planned. I had over ambitious plans which naturally fell through.

In America your boss throws you a little party.However Im the American (or British) tradition I did receive presents from my boss and students and that was very nice. Thank you!

5 comments:

Old Ladies Driving said...

Well, since you weren't able to bring sweets, we'll bring a little for you: Happy Birthday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39A2J-yo2Nc

Hugs & Giggles,
The Old Ladies

Unknown said...

Thanks Old Ladies! Loved your animations

Bill Z said...

hey happy birthday Lisa! loving catching up on your blog

C N Heidelberg said...

Oops, I'm a little late! Happy birthday!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the bday wishes guys!!!